This article is for you if you are looking for the best laptops for machine learning and AI programming.
When you are buying a laptop for any purpose, you have to consider a lot of things. This leaves you in confusion. Sometimes you get confused about what you should buy. If buying a regular laptop puts you in so much confusion, think how tedious it would be to buy a laptop for machine learning.
But you are in the right place!
Laptops these days have distinct configurations that suit your purpose. Some of them come with high-end graphics for gaming. Some laptops come with powerful processors and some with good memory. But what specifications do you need for your machine learning laptop? That is why in this review article, we have compared all the necessary attributes that you need in your machine learning laptop.
It includes Processing power, RAM, GPU, OS, storage capacity, processor, and many more. Thus, without wasting any more time, explore the review of the top 10 best laptops for machine learning in 2021. Going through the review will help you determine the pros and cons of every Laptop. This, as a result, will enable you makes the buying decision. But, if you are in a hurry, here are our top recommendations.
Review of 10 Best Laptops for Machine Learning and AI Programming
1. MSI P65 Creator-654 15.6″
When you are talking about machine learning, you can’t just ignore This laptop. MSI is a quite reputable brand that offers you a great range of reliable laptops. MSI is also famous for offering the best gaming laptops. However, what attracts us here is the processor power and performance. The screen of The laptop is also impressive.
On This laptop, you get 15.6-inch screen size. You get an anti-glare wide-angle view with a 4K display. The most enjoyable thing is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. This is the best graphics for all your machine learning projects managements. This laptop also comes with SSD drives for storage space. The total storage space that you get is 1TB in your hard disk drive. You also get an additional socket to integrate another HDD.
MSI P65 comes with an i9 processor with a clock rate of up to 4.8 GHz. The next great thing about This laptop is it has a thunderbolt USB ports. It also supports wireless connectivity with multiple devices as wireless Intel 9560 Jefferson Peak.
- 15.6-inch ultra-widescreen
- Wide-angle 4K view
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics
- I9 Processor with super-fast processing speed
- 1 TB SSD HDD
- The design is not much impressive
- 15. 6" UHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 4K 3840x2160 16: 9NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 (Max-Q)8G GDDR6
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 (Max-Q)8G GDDR6 HDMI-out 4K @ 60Hz
- HDD 1TB NV Me SSD 32GB (16G*2) DDR4 2400MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB
- CPU Core i9-9880H 2. 3 - 4. 8GHz Intel PTT
- Thunderbolt 3*1 USB 3. 2 Gen2 *1; 3. 2 Gen1*2 Wireless Intel 9560 Jefferson Peak (2x2 802. 11 ac) BT 5 720p HD Webcam
See Also: Top 10 Best Curved Monitors for Working From Home
2. Razer Blade 15
The next one is from Razer Blade. This laptop, with all its power, is best for Machine learning. This laptop comes with a 15.6-inch screen size. It has a future-proof, and beautiful design.
It comes with a thin CNC aluminum unibody. This body is made for high-performance with Vapor chamber cooling. It is also compatible with an external GPU enclosure for extra power. It supports dual-channel memory for SSD upgrades. The display performance of this laptop is also great. It offers you a 100% sRGB pre-calibrated matte display.
Razer Blade 15 comes with i7 which is great for Machine learning projects. The keyboard of the laptop also comes with RGB individual key lighting. With 16GB RAM and 512 GB SSD HDD, you will get great performance for your machine learning projects.
- Built for AI programming
- It comes with a 15.6-inch massive display
- Future proof design with additional channels for up-gradation
- RGB individual key lighting
- It offers you high-end security with a Biometrics scan
- Bluetooth connections don’t work properly
- Zero-compromise powerhouse: Built for gaming and creative work in a 0.7" thin CNC aluminum unibody with high-performance, vapor chamber cooling
- Futureproof design: Thunderbolt 3 capable, compatible with Razer Core external GPU enclosures for additional power; supports dual-channel memory and SSD upgradability
- Perfect display for work or play: An edge-to-edge, 100% sRGB, factory-calibrated matte screen with a 144 Hz refresh rate offers the best experience for intense gaming sessions or content creation
- Biometric security: Supports Windows Hello instant facial unlock with integrated webcam and IR sensor
- Customizable RGB individual key lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors available with multiple preset profiles
3. MSI GS65 Stealth-002 15.6″ Razor Thin Bezel
Here comes another great laptop for Machine learning. This one again is a great laptop from MSI. MSI never leaves a chance to impress you with a great range of laptops. However, what keeps this one on the list is the features and the performance. This laptop is a great choice for machine learning and AI programming as it comes with a powerful processor. The laptop offers you Intel Core i7 8th generation processor with up to a 4.1 GHz clock speed. This is great for your AI programming and machine learning. The storage space that you get is a 512 GB SSD HDD. You also get 32 GB RAM that makes this laptop incredibly faster.
The graphics that you get along with are NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. It also has new ray tracing technology. No matter how much work you do on this laptop, it is not going to disappoint you. Some of the additional features that you get include a silky and seamless touchpad. You also get gesture control to control some features with just hand or palm movement. The one additional feature of this laptop is its RGB keyboard!
- Slimmer and sleek design
- Ultra-wide display
- Core i7 processor with three cooling fans
- It offers you 32 GB of memory
- You get six copper heat pipes to pull out the heat
- The GPU is not powerful enough
- Display: 15. 6" 144Hz 7ms, 4. 9mm 4-sided Razor Thin Bezel Display, FHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle, 72%NTSC
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8G Max-Q GDDR6 w/ New Ray Tracing Technology
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H 2. 2 - 4. 1GHz
- Memory: 32GB (16G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
4. Microsoft Surface Book 2 15″
The next up in the list is from Microsoft. Microsoft needs no introduction. We keep this laptop on the list for the configuration and power that you need for AI programming. The screen size that you are getting is 15 inches.
It comes with Intel 8th generation Quad-core i7 processor. You get an incredible processing speed along. Besides, this powerful laptop also offers you a 512 GB SSD HDD and 16 Gigs of RAM.
The most enjoyable quality of this laptop is it offers you non-stop 17 hours of running time even if you are watching video continuously. Now, think about what backup you will get for AI programming.
The graphics processing that you get is also exceptional. This laptop offers you NVIDIA GeForce graphics. However, it is a GTX 1060. We also find it to be the fastest surface book. It offers you four times more power than any other laptop. That’s not the end yet!
This laptop is much different than any other laptop that you see on the list because of its touchscreen display!
- 8th generation i7 processor
- 512 GB storage with 16 GB RAM
- Wide display with touch screen
- It offers you lightning-fast speed
- Vibrant pixel sense
- The GPU is not powerful enough
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Features a 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 Processor, 512 GB of storage, 16 GB RAM, and up to 17 hours of video playback
- Enhanced Graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete GPU w/6GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 4x more power
- Vibrant PixelSense Display: now available with a new 15" touchscreen. Weight : Starting at 4.2 pounds including keyboard
- Four versatile modes of use and new USB-C port
5. ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501 Ultra Slim
ASUS is famous for offering you the best gaming range of laptops. The processor that it offers you is Intel 8th generation i7 processor. This processor can offer a clock speed of 3.9 GHz. Besides, the graphics that you get along with it are NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB. The design of this laptop is also ultra-thin. The thickness is only 0.7 inches. This makes it exceptionally attractive to possess. The weight of The laptop is also not much, which makes it easier to carry.
The main specialty of this laptop is you are getting the fastest SSDs. This laptop comes with PCIe SSD that increases the sequential reading rate. The RAM that you are getting along with is 16 GB RAM. This is a DDR4 Ram that offers you great performance. Further, ROG is famous for active aerodynamics. This increases the airflow and keeps your laptop cooler even after long hours of use.
- Powerful and efficient performance
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics
- Intel Core i7 8th generation
- It comes with quiet and cooling features
- Ultra-lightweight and ultra-thin
- There are audio issues after long use
- Powerful and efficient GeForce GTX 1080 8GB with Max-Q design and 8th-Gen Intel Core i7-8750H (up to 3.9 GHz) Processor
- Ultra-thin and ultra-light gaming laptop with a thickness of only 0.7" (with the lid closed) and weighing only 4.9lbs
- 144Hz 15.6" Full HD IPS-Type AHVA G-SYNC Display with 3ms response time
- Fastest SSD and RAM: featuring 512GB PCIe SSD (Hyperdrive up to 3478 MB/s sequential read rate) and 16GB DDR4 2666MHz; Windows 10 Home
- Quiet and cool featuring ROG Active Aerodynamic System which improves airflow by up to 40 percent and reduces temperatures by up to 20 percent compared to conventional cooling. (Actual cooling performance varies)
6. Gigabyte AERO 15 Classic-SA-F74ADW 15 inch
Here comes another great laptop for machine learning in the list. This is an incredible laptop from Gigabyte. The brand is quite promising and offers you a great range of laptops. However, what makes professionals keep it on the list is its design, power, and performance. The Aero from Gigabyte comes with a 15.6-inch screen size. That makes it huge for AI programming and Machine learning. The laptop comes with an ultra-thin bezel display for a better experience.
Another great thing about the display is that it is an anti-glare display and comes certified with color calibration. The processor that you get along with the laptop is the Intel Core i7 processor. It offers you a processing speed of up to 4.5 GHz. This laptop also comes with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660. For more power, this laptop comes with 16 GB RAM with a DRAM module. Along with that, you get a 512 GB PCIe SSD HDD as your storage space.
All the components that you get inside this laptop are from Intel. This laptop is Microsoft Azure AI-ready. You also get the Intel thunderbolt 3 for superior connectivity. The Wi-Fi AC adapter is also from Intel. Besides, This laptop is famous for its long battery life. With a full charge, you can achieve 9 hours of playtime and work time.
- 15.6-inch widescreen display
- Ultra-thin bezel
- Intel Core i7 processor
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics
- 9 hours long battery life
- Often have screen flex issue
- 15.6" 0.11 inch ultra thin bezel | LG 144Hz FHD 1920x1080 IPS Anti Glare display LCD | X Rite Pantone Certified for color calibration
- Intel Core i7 9750h (2.6Ghz 4.5GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GDDR6 6GB Supports NVIDIA Optimus technology
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Samsung DRAM module | M.2 NVMe PCIe 512GB Intel 760P SSD | Windows 10 Home
- Microsoft Azure AI | all Intel inside | Intel Thunderbolt 3 | Intel Wi Fi AC adapter
- 94.24Wh 9hrs Long battery life | per key RGB backlit programmable keyboard | UHS II SD card reader
7. ASUS VivoBook K571 Laptop
Here comes another exceptional laptop for AI and machine learning. The Vivo book from ASUS is one of the most desirable laptops for all programmers. This laptop offers you everything that you need. However, what attracts us here is the graphics and the processor.
The laptop, first of all, offers you a 15.6-inch display. The display is also a full HD display. Besides, this laptop offers you an Intel Core i7 processor that comes with a processing speed of 4.5 GHz.
The graphics processing unit that you will get is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB.
With 16 GB DDR4 RAM, this is a fast laptop. The storage space is also advanced. The laptop offers you a 1 TB SSD HDD. The connection types that you are getting are USB type-C 3.1, type-A 2.0, and Wi-Fi 5/802. The speed of the USB transfer also differs with type.
This laptop is designed for better productivity with its bezel-less immersive display. The touchpad of the laptop is smooth and easy to operate. The keypad is exceptional but doesn’t have RGB lighting. This is one of the best laptops for AI and machine learning projects.
- 15.6 inch full HD display
- Intel Core i7 processor
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics
- 16 GB RAM
- Extensive range of connectivity
- No RGB lighting for the keys on the keyboard
- 15.6'' 120Hz Nanoedge Full HD Display
- Powerful Intel Core i7-9750H Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 with Windows 10 Home
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C, USB 3.1 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Wi-Fi 5/802.11ac Wi-Fi (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
8. Acer Predator Helios 300
This is another great laptop that comes on the list. It truly goes by its name, predator. The laptop is all you need for your AI programming and Machine learning. This laptop is from Acer. Acer has been manufacturing some of the great laptops and computers for work. However, this one is on the list because it comes with an abundance of features. This is a 15.6-inch notebook. That implies; you get a huge display.
The next great thing about this laptop is you get NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 overclockable graphics. Along with it, you get the 8th generation Intel Core i7 procession with 6 cores and up to 4.1 GHz speed. It makes it one of the fastest on the list. Besides, you also get a 16 GB DDR4 DRAM module.
There is also an extra slot for you that enables you to upgrade your laptop for your future need. The storage space that you get is 256 GB SSD HDD. You also get an additional slot for your HDD upgrade. The connectivity is also robust. You can connect with devices via wired and wireless modes of connections. You get to type USB 3.1 for faster transfer of data. The keyboard also comes with a backlit.
- Widescreen display
- Exceptional performance
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- 7 hours of battery life
- The hard disk space is not much as you get in other laptops on the list
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.1GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC )
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM Memory & 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD | Extra empty accessible slot for 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD.Maximum Power Supply Wattage:180 W
- Gigabit Wi-Fi |Backlit Keyboard | USB 3.1 (Type C) | Dual All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan Cooling | Metal Chassis.Battery Capacity:3320 mAh
9. Dell XPS 13 9370 Laptop
When you are talking about laptops for Machine learning and AI programming, this is a laptop that you cannot miss. In this last decade, Dell has been coming up with some great laptops. However, what makes this laptop appear in this list is its touch screen feature and performance. First of all, you get a 13.3-inch full-screen touch screen display.
Besides, the display of this laptop is highly advanced. Although you may not need it, it offers you a 4K UHD display. That makes it quite desirable. Not only the display but the inner components of the laptop are also powerful. It comes with Intel 8th generation core i7 processor. It offers you up to 4.0 GHz turbo clock speed. Along with it, you also get 512 GB PCIe SSD storage space. The RAM that you get is 16GB DDR3 RAM.
The connectivity modes in this laptop are also advanced. For the USBs, you are getting Thunderbolt 3 USB C ports. You also get 2×2 LAN and Bluetooth 4.1 for faster transfer of data in wired and wireless mode. However, the graphics that you are getting here is not from NVIDIA. Instead, you get Intel UHD graphics 620. The OS that you are getting along with on The laptop is Windows 10 64 bit.
- Touch screen display
- 8th generation i7 processor
- 512 GB SSD HDD
- The keyboard comes with backlit
- Windows 10
- The graphics that you are getting are much lower
- 13. 3-Inch touch-screen infinity-edge 4K UHD (3840x2160) Display
- 8th Gen Intel Quad Core i7-8550U 1. 80 GHz (4 Cores 8 Threads, Turbo 4. 0 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache)
- 512GB PCIe SSD | 16GB DDR3 | Killer 1435 802. 11AC 2x2 WLAN + Bluetooth 4. 1 combo
- Backlit keyboard | Thunderbolt 3 USB-C
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
See Also: 10 Best 4K Gaming Monitors to Enhance Your Gaming Experience
10. Lenovo Thinkpad P17 17.3 Inch FHD
Here is the review of the last laptop on the list. This laptop is a mobile workstation from Lenovo. Lenovo has been offering a great range of laptops for years. However, this new Lenovo Thinkpad is on the list because of its features. From graphics, webcam, fingerprint to Bluetooth, you get everything in this laptop.
At first, the screen size that you get in this laptop is the most so far on the list.
You get 17.3 inches of display for maximum visibility while programming.
Besides, the processor that you get in This laptop is Intel Xeon W-10855M. This processor offers you up to a 5.1 GHz processor. It also offers you a turbo boost with six cores to make your laptop incredibly faster. The screen resolution in this laptop is 1920×1080. It also comes with an NVIDIA Quadro T2000 4GB graphics.
Along with it, you get 32 GB DDR4 RAM. This offers you superb performance. You get a 1TB PCIe SSD which makes your laptop superfast while giving you a lot of storage.
- Widescreen for an immersive view
- It comes with 32GB RAM
- 1 TB SSD HDD
- Windows 10 64 BIT
- NVIDIA graphics
- No backlit for keyboard
- Intel Xeon W-10855M Processor with vPro (2.80 GHz, up to 5.10 GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 12 MB Cache)
- 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, 300 nits； N VIDIA_Quadro T2000 4GB
- 32 GB DDR4 RAM, 1 TB PCIe SSD; Fingerprint Reader; ThinkShutter
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11AX (2 x 2) & Bluetooth 5.1 with vPro; IR camera for Windows Hello; 3 x USB A 3.2 Gen 1 (1 always on) 2 x USB Type-C Thunderbolt 3 USB-C HDMI 2.0 Headphone / mic combo RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
- Windows 10 Pro 64; Backlit, Spill-resistant, ThinkPad Precision Keyboard with numeric keypad
These are the review of the top 10 best laptops for Machine learning and AI programming. Now that you know the top 10 best, you should also know the most important attributes while choosing the best Laptop for machine learning. Here is the buying guide that will help you find the best Laptop.
Buying Guide: How to find the best Laptop for Machine Learning and AI Programming
1. Portability and Processing Power
The first thing that you need to consider is portability and processing power. When you are talking about laptops, portability is one of the most vital factors to consider. It is because you will have to carry your laptops with you for work. In such cases, lightweight ultra-thin laptops are the ideal ones.
But besides, one of the most important things that you need is processing power. You should always consider the processor that you are getting along with your laptop. When in doubt, go with the latest generation processor with the lowest nanometer technology that you can afford.
The next most vital thing that you should consider is the RAM. Machine learning indulges heavy-duty algorithms. In such cases, your laptop must be efficient enough to withstand such algorithms. The RAM plays a huge role in helping you achieve your objective. The recommended RAM size for your Laptop is 16 GB.
After RAM, the next most vital thing that you should consider is the GPU. The GPU is the graphical processing unit. Machine learning indulges a lot of neural networks. It includes a plethora of expensive computations also. Thus, you will need a powerful GPU to achieve the program that you need.
This is what you need to take care of while purchasing the best laptops for machine learning and AI programming.
Frequently Asked Questions
All the laptops in this list are best for Machine learning. MSI P65 and Razer Blade are two great laptops for programming.
Yes! You can do machine learning on modern-day laptops. These offer enough power for complex computations.
For AI and machine learning, the RAM size in your laptop should be 16GB.
MSI laptops are the best laptops for machine learning and AI programming. However, that doesn’t mean that all others are not. Everything depends upon your use, need and budget.
Wrapping up the whole guide, these are the reviews of the top 10 best laptops for machine learning and AI programming. Before making any buying decision, always consider the attributes mentioned in the buying guide. For any details or suggestions, you can leave your comment in the comment section.