Are you searching for a reliable laptop for using Serato DJ software? If yes, you are at the right place.
For running Serato DJ software, you need a top-tier laptop with the requisite configuration. Picking a laptop for the Serato DJ program demands contemplation of reliability, as you can’t afford any bugs in between a show. In relevance to the software’s need, you have to buy a laptop that not only fulfils basic needs. Rather it must perform to handle loads of Serato DJs.
The minimum necessity for storage capacity for storing your extensive music collection is 1TB. Apart from that, it should at least have an i5 processor to run Serato DJ flawlessly.
So in this editorial, we’ve shortlisted the top 10 laptops that you can consider for Serato DJ in 2021. Explore the below table to find the best laptop catering to your need. But, if you are in a hurry, here are our top recommendations.
Reviews of 10 Best Laptops for Serato DJ Software
Dell XPS is a top-tier laptop when you are considering it for Serato DJ. It caters to every demand of Serato DJ with its configuration. As you are already aware, the former program demands a higher RAM and processing speed. Dell XPS comes with an Intel Core i7 HQ processor. It has 16 GB RAM, which is four times more than the minimum RAM requirement.
We have tested this machine for its endurance and performance during any live show. The test results and build quality quite impressed everyone. Dell XPS, as a machine, is quite supportive with a massive 512 GB SSD storage. Beyond the performance, this machine is also quite impressive in terms of portability and lightweight. The battery life is more than sufficient for the use case of a DJ.
- Strong build quality with core i7 processor
- Compatible with Serato DJ Pro
- 16GB RAM empowers you to do multiple tasks
- 8 hours of battery life to run throughout any live show
- Sleek and thin design with a 15.6-inch display
- Although it is light, it can be bulgy for some users
- It was quite expensive
- 15.6-inch 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge touch display
- 16 GB DDR4-2400MHz, No Optical Drive
- 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (6M cache, up to 3.8 GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB DDR5 Graphics
- Windows 10 Home 64bit English
It is another brilliant laptop that can be a great choice for Serato DJ users! Apart from its cool looks, it fulfills all your hardware requirements. An extended screen of this machine also marks it advanced.
As the nature of the DJ job says that they are quite multitaskers, and they have to operate several tracks. In such cases, ASUS ZenBook pro offers you a whopping 32 GB RAM.
It is eight times more capable of minimal RAM requirement. It empowers you to run as much powerful DJ software as you want. Plus, this machine also offers you an i9 eight-core processor to harness powerful software like Serato. During the performance test, we are quite impressed with its touchscreen. DJs can use them to achieve operations on the screen.
- Ultra HD, 4K screen, offers you the visual satisfaction
- The touch screen feature is really useful
- You can extend the screen below a primary window to attain a split-screen
- 32 GB RAM to harness multitasking
- 1 TB storage to efficiently store all tracks
- It is quite heavy
- The larger screen size makes it less portable
- Battery life is less than average
- Adaptive ScreenPad design: Create shortcuts to launch your favorite apps with a single tap
- Adaptive ScreenPad design: Extend your screen on ScreenPad for more viewing options
- Latest Intel 8th Gen Core i9-8950HK Processor (12M Cache, Turbo up to 4.8 GHz)
- 15.6” UHD 4K touch display with factory-calibrated color accuracy validated by PANTONE, 83% Screen to body ratio NanoEdge bezel for more display and less bezel
- Seamless 4K video playback, photo editing and more with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Although this laptop is primarily a gaming machine, it fulfills your musical demands. 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD make it our recommendation. You can find all requisite for running Serato DJ software. This laptop also performed impressively in the test. This machine has a fancy design that captivates users. Apart from that, with 1 TB SSD, you can store as many tracks as you want.
Acer Predator comes with a RAM up-gradation feature and you can upgrade your RAM up to 64GB that empowering you to run as many software and applications as you want. Users who don’t have any constraints in the budget can also possess a machine with a 2 TB SSD. A processor that you will get in this laptop is Intel hexacore i7 that boosts multitasking significantly.
- 15.6-inch display making it portable
- 16 GB RAM with extended slot to upgrade up to 64 GB
- RGB backlit keyboard
- Impressive audio quality, as it comes designed for gaming
- Battery life is less than average
- It is heavy in weight that can become an obstacle to carry
- Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.8GHz | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display, Red Backlit Keyboard
- 16GB DDR4 DRAM Memory & 256GB SSD | Extra empty expandable hard drive slot for 2.5" hard drives
- Up to 7-hours of battery life
MacBook Air can be a laptop to represent class and style. But it also fulfills your demands to run Serato DJ software. Apart from just flaunting, you can just use it for the purpose. This machine has a tenth-generation core i3 processor that seamlessly runs the former software.
It is recommended for its ease of use and storage efficiency. After examining this machine closely, we find this laptop powerful, with 8GB RAM and 256 GB SSD.
Although you will get a smaller storage space, it is more than efficient than any other contemporary laptop. Users in desire for extra space can use iCloud or any additional storage device.
The performance of this device can never get overlooked. In relevance to Serato, you get a smooth functioning, despite running multiple programs.
- It offers you robust processing with 10th generation core i3 processor
- A large trackpad offers you better mobility
- Longer battery life to power your shows
- It comes with stereo speakers for a better experience
- Smaller storage space
- Screen size is much smaller, with a 13.3-inch size
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
HP Spectre X360 is a prominent machine to rely on. It is a remarkably designed laptop with a 4K display. Although the display is not as imperative in the case of Serato DJ, it offers you vibrant visuals.
HP Spectre comes with a 10th generation i7 processor and 16 GB RAM that fulfills the requirements to run Serato DJ. Users can also extend the RAM size to 32 GB for multiple application and software usage.
Emphasizing the software again, it offers you 512 GB SSD, as required for Serato. The battery life is quite impressive and has more than average expectancy. It can power you up to 13 hours, which is more than enough. The sleek and stylish design also makes it enticing and provides portability as well.
- Core i7 processor best suits the Serato DJ software
- It is a hybrid model with maximum efficiency to run high-end programs
- 13 hours of battery life; which is more than average
- Sleek and stylish in design
- It offers you a dim display
- Quite expensive
- 360° Flip-and-Fold Design, 1.8GHz 10th Gen Intel i7-10510U Quad-Core (up to 4.9GHz)
- 15.6" Diagonal 4K UHD WLED Touch Display (3840 x 2160) 340 nits, intel GPU (2GB)
- 512GB SSD + 32GB Intel Optane, 16GB DDR4 SDRAM, SD Card Reader, Bang & Olufsen Quad speakers
- Windows 10 Home, Intle Wi-Fi 6 AX 201(2x2) + Bluetooth 5.0, Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Fingerprint Reader
- 13.5 Hours Battery Life; Ports and Slots: 1 x Thunderbolt 3 Type-C; 1 x USB Type-C; 1 x HDMI 2.0; 1 x USB Type-A; 1 x AC smart pin; 1 x Headphone/Microphone combo; 1 x Media Card Reader
As the name says, you can rotate this laptop to complete 180 degrees. With so much flexibility, it turns out to be an interesting preference for users. What we discovered in this laptop is its configuration to be compatible with Serato. In an in-depth test and analysis, it turns out to cater to Serato’s demands. It has a 10th Generation core i7 processor and 16 GB RAM. It is capable enough to run your Serato efficiently.
Internal storage is also extensive here. You can save all your tracks and musical creation efficiently. In relevance to storage, SSD also offers you an optimal performance. Apart from that, the display of this laptop is quite bright and runs perfectly even in sunny outdoors.
- Super stylish and sleek design
- 16GB RAM to efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Affordable and budge-friendly
- It turns quite hot
- The battery is below average
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz) 16GB LPDDR4X Memory 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 13.5" Acer VertiView 2K 2256 x 1504 Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Touch Display (3:2 aspect ratio) Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802. 11ax Backlit Keyboard fingerprint reader up to 15 hours battery life
- 2 - USB 3. 1 Type C port supporting USB 3. 1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, USB Charging, DC-in, 2 - USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (one featuring power-off charging) & 1 - HDMI 2. 0 port
ASUS ROG is a gaming laptop, but its efficiency in performing makes it a remarkable choice for Serato DJ use as well. The processor and RAM you will get here are the i7 quad-core processor and 16 GB, respectively.
It is more than enough to run your Serato DJ software. In hard drives, you will get two different types of storage spaces, including 128 GB SSD and 1TB HDD.
In pertinence to the software, you can easily achieve multitasking. It doesn’t become hot after hours of mixing, as it is purposely designed for gaming. Using this laptop for DJ would be a good idea, as in no case would it disappoint you.
- Offers you powerful performance with Intel core i7
- 15.6 display size making it portable
- Comfortable to use with touchpad and keyboard
- It is a bit thick than any other laptop
Another one from Asus again! It is sleek, stylish, thin, and just as you need it. Apart from its design, this machine comes with an Intel Core i5 processor. So, this Vivo book will cater to all your need for DJing.
8 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD also make it a perfect choice for Serato. Just as discussed below in the guide, the Asus Vivo book is all compatible with Serato with such configurations.
We recommend Vivo Book for its impressive sound system. It can be quite perfect for you. Backlit keyboards adjacent to each other also elevate the ease of use. The design of this laptop can entice you in a moment. The thin design makes it more portable as well. One useful feature is it doesn’t heat even after hours of use.
- Light in weight and sleek laptop
- Its screen appears to be brighter in contrast to other laptops
- It comes with a fingerprint sensor; that makes it highly efficient and secure
- Battery life is pretty low compared to average
- 【Do it in style】The sleek VivoBook S15 stands out thanks to its textured metal chassis with diamond-cut edges, unique color, and color-blocking Enter key. The diamond-cut design also makes the lid easier to open
- 【Outstanding Performance】VivoBook S15 is powered by a 10th Generation Intel Core i5 processor with up to 8GB memory. A large capacity 512GB PCIe SSD gives you the superfast storage so you can access what you need quickly
- 【Unbounded Vision】15.6” FHD display with 86% screen-to-body ratio for seamless viewing experience
- 【Extensive connectivity】 VivoBook S15 is equipped with USB 3.2 Type C, USB 3.2 Type A and 2.0 ports, HDMI output and a MicroSD card reader for extensive connectivity. Intel Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) delivers superfast networking speeds for faster large file transfers, responsive online gaming, and super smooth video chats.
One thing that makes Acer Aspire E15 prominent among other laptops is its DVD-RW availability. It is a feature that you will barely find in any other laptop.
As a DJ and music creator, you would always want your music to burn to a DVD. In such cases, it can aid you in achieving this efficiency.
If you wish, you can also run old CDs to collect your old mixes. A few other specs that make it compatible with Serato DJ are RAM and Storage space.
Acer Aspire has a 6 GB RAM and 512 GB hard disk drive to seamlessly run multiple applications. Although it doesn’t have an SSD, it is still considerable for its other specs.
- It offers you superior connectivity with other devices
- Efficient RAM size to run Serato
- It appears with 12 hours of battery backup; which is more than its contemporary
- A bit bulky and heavy to carry
- The display comes slightly dimmer than other laptops
- The manufacturer seal has been open to meet the advertised specifications. Professional service installation included.
- Acer Aspire E15 Notebook | 15.6 Full HD Display | Intel Dual-Core 8th Gen i3-8130U 2.20GHz Upto 3.4GHz
- 6GB RAM | 512GB SSD (Turbo Speed)
- DVD-RW | UHD Graphics 620
- Windows 10 Pro
It is precise for your DJing needs. Razer Blade is a machine that caters to all your demands to run Serato DJ software. It has 16 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD. These specs make it lightning-fast for any kind of operation. Vast storage size accommodates every storage demand of DJs.
They can store as many tracks as they wish. Further, with 16 GB RAM, you can use multiple programs simultaneously.
The processor of this laptop is also quite capable. Users will get an Intel Core i7 processor that is also efficient enough to run Serato DJ Pro software. Beyond the specs, you also accomplish a 15-inch display that makes it portable.
- It offers you a vast storage space
- RAM size is immense, with 16 GB
- Lighter in weight
- Portable to carry everywhere
- Also available with touchscreen
- Battery life is disappointing, with only 6 hours of resistance
- Screen brightness is quite lower
- 15. 6” 144Hz Full HD edge-to-edge display (4. 9mm bezels), color calibrated
- Thin and compact, durable CNC aluminum anybody (0. 68” x 9. 25” x 13. 98”)
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core Processor. Battery - up to 6 hours
- NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q design VR Ready Graphics
- Innovative vapor chamber cooling System with gaming Mode power boost
Buying Guide- How To Choose The Best Laptop For Serato DJ?
Serato DJ is a hybrid software that demands a top-tier laptop to handle its load. In such cases, you must consider buying a laptop that can harness the need for Serato DJ. It becomes monotonous to list down such requisites and compare them to the laptop you are buying.
So, in this guide, we have brought you essential elements that you must contemplate while buying laptops. Here in this section, explore the determinants that will help you make the best decision.
A processor in a laptop is one of the most imperative components that compute and run several programs. With a high-end processor, you can accomplish computing in a minimal time. Serato DJ as a program also demands quick computation. If you pick a laptop for your Serato DJ, consider buying one that offers you Intel Core i5 processors.
Considering any laptop less than that processing capacity can disappoint you in a live show. At times you may have to decide between Intel and AMD processors. However, both processors are equally efficient to cater to your processing needs. In terms of popular choice, you can go for Intel.
Random Access Memory is another significant component in a laptop that improves the operational speed in processes. If you are running programs like Serato DJ, you need higher RAM capacity undoubtedly. Besides, most DJs, while mixing tracks, use more than one application. This will require more RAM space to accommodate flawless mixing.
In such cases, going for a laptop with 4GB RAM is your minimal choice. The ideal RAM preference by us would be 6GB. Thus, if you wish to accomplish smooth mixing while running multiple applications, you must find laptops with more than 4GB RAM.
After mixing and tuning tracks, DJs save them in the internal memory of the laptop. In your career, you would mix thousands of songs with massive file sizes. Thus, considering large storage space is another obligatory requirement. Besides, storing tracks in external storage is also a hassle, as you have to carry them with you. So, the minimum storage requirement to contemplate should be at least 500 GB SSD drives. SSDs are faster and offer you optimal storage space. Make sure you are going for SSD storage drives with a minimal 500 GB of space.
4. Display Size
The display of laptops here is associated with portability. As a DJ, you would want your laptop to easily get carried to places where you want to perform. Having a larger display size in such scenarios can become an obstacle. But you can always choose a sweet spot somewhere between too large and too small laptops. A laptop with a 15-inch display can be preferable. It will offer you desired mobility.
5. Audio quality
Audio Quality is one of the most vital factors to consider. As a DJ, when you mix any track in your studio, you would always want to listen to it first. Listening to your latest mix would offer you the conviction that your audio is presentable for the audience. However, bad audio quality can hamper your experience. Consider buying a laptop that delivers you a great sound output.
These are the most prominent determinants to consider while buying a laptop for Serato DJ. Now that you are conscious about factors, you can buy a laptop with maximum output. If you still have uncertainties, you can explore FAQs to find answers to your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Many laptops can empower you to run your Serato DJ program. Every laptop in the above list also does the same for you. However, some preeminent names include Dell XPS 9560, ASUS ZenBook Pro, Acer Predator Helios 300, and Apple MacBook Air.
The minimal RAM requirement for Serato DJ is 4GB. Using anything less than 4GB can slow down your purpose.
The minimum hardware requirement for laptops to run the Serato DJ program are as follows:
Processor– Intel i5/AMD Ryzen
All the laptops listed here in this column are best for DJ. You can employ any of them as per your program requirement.
Yes! Serato is compatible with HP Laptops. In fact, HP Spectre X360 is one of the top choices for running your Serato DJ software.
Yes! Serato DJ software works in Windows 10. All these laptops in this column are offering you windows 10 with security updates for flawless operations.
Yes! Serato doesn’t utilize much of your RAM space. 4GB RAM is enough. However, you can also consider buying laptops with more RAM if you wish.
Keeping it concise, these are the ten best laptops that can run Serato DJ seamlessly. Now that you are conscious of the review of the best ten, you can find the one that caters to your demand. Make sure you consider the buying guide to accomplishing an informed decision. We also have done a rigorous test to help you make a better investment.
We hope this article about the best laptops for Serato DJ software is helpful to you. Do share this content on social media if you find it helpful for you in any manner.